I am sorry that I haven't posted in a long time. My intent was to post a backlog of photos and notes from our trip to China, then keep a current log while we've been home. But that hasn't happened and here's the big reason why...
We made a few Dr.'s appointments for Pope before we left for China. One was with a pediatric opthamologist at Wills Eye Hospital and the other was with the International Adoption Health Clinic at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. We chose a separate appointment at Wills because we knew Pope had a visual impairment and, let's face it, Wills is the best. Not to mention Dr. Levin, who is also the best of the best when it comes to pediatric opthamologists... probably in the entire country.
At our appointment as Wills with Dr. Levin, we discovered that Jon Paul had a form of children's eye cancer called Retinoblastoma. The cure was simple, but heartbreaking... remove his eye in a surgery called enucleation. And it needed to be done right away. We saw the ocular oncologist that same afternoon and the surgery was scheduled just 3 days later.
The day after surgery...
"Did anyone get the number of that bus???"

So glad to hear a update!! I was wondering how you and your family were doing. Hopefully the little guy recovered well from the surgury. So sorry he had to lose his eye :( I have prepared ourselves incase Lottie ever has to lose hers, so far so good. One positive thing I was thinking about from this, if he has vision in his other eye it may help the vision in that eye??? At least thats what our Ocularist said will happen once Lottie;s vision is blocked in her right eye by the prosthetic. Keep us updated! I would love to hear more about your trip and little guy! He is so cute!
ReplyDelete