The Princess and the Pope

And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
~Matthew 19:26

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring IS Sprung!

Finally, finally... after way too many cold days for my taste, Spring weather has hit the East coast! It's been nearly 80^ here and we are LOVING it! JP and Mike spent yesterday afternoon at the playground. JP returned home absolutely filthy ... Happy, but filthy.

The kids are back to school after a nice long Spring break. I managed to take a few days off and we spent them at a local water park and hotel for a three day "staycation". Everyone had a wonderful time.

Spring also means it's IEP season if you have a school aged child with special needs. JP is transitioning out of preschool into Kindergarten this fall. Our IEP team, who are really terrific people, are conducting a battery of tests, although we've already determined that JP will go into mainstream Kindergarten, at public school, with an aide (we are still not sure if he'll be sharing an aide with another student, or if he'll have his own one-to-one...) The IEP still needs to be written and I'm still hopeful we'll get all the Braille services we've requested to date.

Cami is doing a lot of dancing and preparing for her recital. She's in the home stretch for third grade. I'm very proud of the work she's done so far.

Spring sports start this coming weekend. We're excited for Challenger Baseball which begins this Sunday and TOP Soccer which starts April 27. It sounds like a lot, but baseball is played on Sundays at noon for about an hour, and soccer is played on Saturdays at noon for about an hour. JP had a lot of fun playing Challenger Soccer this past fall, so I've decided to let him try TOP Soccer. It's a little different program with a different Soccer club. But he loves to run and I'm not certain Challenger Baseball will be a quick enough game to maintain his interest. We'll have to see. I want him to try as much as possible to see what he really likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment