The Princess and the Pope

And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
~Matthew 19:26

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

"Marty" the SMART Brailler has arrived!

"Marty", the traveling SMART Brailler arrived at our house this afternoon.We were all very anxious to take the SMART Brailler out of the box and get going!

I must say, I thought it would be "easy". I thought, since we're familiar with the standard Perkins Brailler we'd have no trouble... Just plug it in and GO!...

Not so fast...
JP enjoys his first look at "Marty" the SMART Brailler. He was excited by the sounds as he brailled different letters.
The SMART Brailler is a little different. It's built on the footprint of the Next Generation Perkins Brailler which is nice, because it's much lighter than the standard Perkins Brailler. However, it does make it a bit different when you're trying to use it versus the standard Perkins. Not impossible, just different.

Upon start up, users have the option to take an audio tour of the features of the SMART Brailler. I found the audio tour helpful with the exception that you could not rewind or advance the audio tour to revisit feature information. That was a bit frustrating. There was also no reference manual for guidance. Fortunately, there was a print out of the audio tour in the backpack from Wonderbaby. I am sure it will prove to be useful!

We are excited about the concept and JP certainly enjoyed the auditory output.We are looking forward to spending some time exploring the features and sharing our adventures with you. Check back for more updates!
Click on the photo for the great news!

No comments:

Post a Comment