Next week, Pope and I are traveling to Baltimore to the Kennedy Krieger Institute at Johns Hopkins. We'll see a team of specialists so we can determine what, if anything, can help Pope with his development. He's made progress over the past 6 months, but not as much as we'd like to see. I am suspicious that Pope has Autism. I only hope and pray that it's Institutional Autism and, with time and therapy, he will recover.
We're also having Pope's hearing tested. We were not successful having a hearing test when he saw the ENT a couple of months ago, so we're hoping the audiologist will have better luck since KKI is an expect facility at handling kids like Pope with significant developmental delays. I don't think Pope has a hearing problem as he is starting to speak and now comes to us when we call his name with much more consistency than he did a few months ago.
Pope also starts preschool next week. Sadly, he'll miss a few days while we're at KKI. But he is going to the first day of school... a major milestone and certainly a photo op! The Princess also starts school next week... second grade; hard to believe and it makes me wonder where the time has gone! Be on the lookout for "first day" pictures next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment