The Princess and the Pope

And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
~Matthew 19:26

Friday, August 19, 2011

Talks with God



God talks to me in a variety of ways. Our conversations are never, ever the literal kind like "Hello God, how have you been?" to which He answers, "Well hi there, Faye! I'm well and you? Of course, you don't really need to answer, I know how you are! Haha!"

Most of the time we talk through prayer. I pray and He listens. Sometimes I talk to Him out loud, sometimes I talk to His Son, sometimes to the saints. Somes I sit in quite meditation, but I know He is always listening. It gets the job done. Sometime I go to Eucharist adoration and spend some time in-person with Jesus. During those times, I don't have to say anything at all. I just feel the warmth of His love.

But I find it always especially exciting when He talks to me! Sometimes I catch him whisper something to me through a soft breeze in the trees. Sometimes He speaks to me in a dream. Sometimes He speaks to me, as well as many others, through our priest at Mass. Today, He chose music... today it was a song, that lead to a bible verse Matthew 16:26

It's added a lot of clarity to some very big things we've got going on right now in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment