The Princess and the Pope

And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
~Matthew 19:26

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fish Oil

I read somewhere that fish oil supplements can help kids with speech delays. I figured it was worth a try, so I've been giving JP 1000mg of fish oil in the morning with his breakfast. I don't want him to choke on the huge pill, so I prick it with a pin and squeeze the contents into a spoon. It must not taste too bad because he gulps it down with ease although it is a little smelly!

It seems to be working. He's been on the oil for the last 3 weeks or so and we've noticed a marked improvement in his speech! His words are becoming clearer, although not perfect, definitely better. He is also beginning to string words together. A couple days ago he said "I want that!" and yesterday he said "Whoa horsey!"

I also noticed that he has already met most of the goals in his IEP... his goals for the YEAR. I'd say he's completed 75-80% of what's written and it's only the end of October. So we'll have to schedule another IEP meeting for January. I want to keep him challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment