The Princess and the Pope

And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
~Matthew 19:26

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Prize-winning pie!

I really don't bake much. In fact, normally if it can't be cooked on the grill or in the microwave, I don't cook it. Seriously... I purchase pre-made mashed potatoes.

But, my work group decided to have a baking contest and subsequent bake sale as a fundraiser this year, so I thought, why not? I called my mom to get her world famous pumpkin pie recipe. It's actually a pretty easy recipe and I made 2 pies. One pie actually made it in to work today. The really amazing part of the story? They judged on appearance, taste and creativity. I won... first prize, against about 40 other traditional and nontraditional desserts of all shapes and sizes. I'm sure the extra bits of crust on the top sealed the deal, at least for creativity! Yep, I'm pretty darn proud of this pie. And the Princess will be too... she helped make it. And my mom as well... her phenomenal recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment