I am tired of pleasing China. I'll admit it. I'm done. We just finished a post placement report... report #2. I know what you're thinking... You don't need a post placement report at 9 months! No one does! And you're right. Except for the fact that due to the severity of Pope's many medical and cognitive conditions, we didn't have our 6 week post placement until about 5 months after our adoption. And we still owed the 6 month and 12 month. So in order to have the 12 month on time (in late February or early March) we needed to do our 6 month post placement now.
I'll be quite honest, China changed their post placement requirements literally days after we adopted Pope. You are now required to file post placement at 6 weeks, 6 months, 12 months, then every year until year 5 post placement! I personally think it is ridiculous (we just made the cut-off, so our 12 month post placement will be our last report).
I don't see the point. I doubt anyone in China reads the report or even looks at the mandatory 6 photos you need to submit with the report. (Many of them came straight off this blog.) And if they did read the report, which by my adoption agencies comments is glowing, what would they do with the information? What would they do if the post placement said that things were not working out and both the family and child are unhappy? What would China do? That's easy... nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment