The Princess and the Pope

And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
~Matthew 19:26

Sunday, December 25, 2011

New Bike!

It's not an actual two-wheeler, it's called a Strider or balance bike. It doesn't have training wheels, but it doesn't have pedals either. It's a teeny-tiny bike that Pope uses his feet to propel forward. As he gets the hang of it and learns to balance, he can lift his feet and coast a bit. It's something fun, but is also a great therapy tool as Pope needs to work on building more core muscle strength to combat his hypotonia. It's going to take some practice, but he'll get the hang of it! :)



2 comments:

  1. HI, Faye! Love all your new photos and posts - it's been awhile since I've checked in with you! We are home from China and I keep pinching myself as if to believe that I am not dreaming with all of the positive changes in JiJi since our arriving home! She is a sweetie, but very determined. We go for a more intensive, under sedation, exam of her eyes to figure out what is going on. We do know that she has zero vision and light perception. We hope to get started with her O/M next week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also just checked in with your blog! I was amazed at how much John Paul is talking! The Christmas photo is absolutely beautiful! Regarding his vision, that's about what my distance vision is without glasses or contacts. Are things in better focus for him close-up? He is such a cute, littly guy!

    ReplyDelete