The Princess and the Pope

And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
~Matthew 19:26

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Church and other fun stuff

Sunday morning Mass lasts about an hour. I can't remember the last time we missed a Mass. Mike and I even made it to Mass both times we were in China adopting our children. I think it's interesting to think that both children attended their very first Catholic Mass in their birth country and in their native language.

The Princess is well seasoned at Masses. She has been going since she was 11 months old. And now that she is in her 3rd year of Catholic school, I think she really understands the Mass and can participate. She is preparing for her First Holy Communion later this Spring and is making her first Penance next weekend. It's a big year for her. And I know she's going to really enjoy when she can fully participate. She even has plans to become an alter server, something her father and I fully support!

The Pope struggles a bit. He's a wiggly guy and an hour is a long time to sit. He has very little attention span for sitting and listening to someone "lecture". We try to keep him busy in other ways... books, snacks, the iPad... Some Sunday's are better than others. This was a great Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment