The Princess and the Pope

And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
~Matthew 19:26

Monday, March 5, 2012

What a difference a year makes...

This photo was taken one year ago... today. We had just arrived home from our long our long, long flight from Hong Kong, after 17 days away from our beautiful Princess. Everyone looked tired, including the Princess, who stayed with a school mate while we were gone. She said she had an excellent time.


Apart from all the hugs and kisses the thing I remember most from that day is the Princess' request, over and over again, to help change the Pope's diaper. "Can I help? Can we do it now? Can we?... please? Can we?... NOW!!!" I knew what she was after with such excitement and enthusiasm and curiosity as we unwrapped the diaper I announced, "Okay Princess, you're about to find out what makes boys, boys and girls, girls..." She peered with excitement as I opened his diaper... then the look on her face immediately dropped, "That's IT???" she said with a scowl of disappointment. "That's it." I replied. (Glad she wasn't having this reaction with her first boy friend... he'd be scarred for the rest of his life!) She unenthusiastically helped fetch a clean diaper and that was that. She's had an amazing first year as a new big sister. She's very good at it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a difference a year makes! Both of our littlest ones are coming along, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete