The Princess and the Pope

And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
~Matthew 19:26

Monday, July 30, 2012

Un-favorite

This isn't my favorite time of year. Don't get me wrong I LOVE summer! I love warm weather and the beach and cookouts and all the fun stuff. But we're entering into our "summer limbo"... Summer extended school year program just ended for the Pope and the Princess has only 2 weeks of summer recreation camp left, yet the the first day of school is still FIVE weeks away! And, of course, I don't have the next five weeks off from work (who does?) so, we're in limbo. Mike is charged with the Pope most days, although to avoid as much of a backslide as we can, and I do anticipate some backslide without any OT, PT, Speech, O&M or TVI services for the next 5 weeks, we're going to enroll the Pope in our local daycare a few days a week. He's been to the daycare before, the only trouble is they tend to keep him with the children who are much younger than he is, but it does get him out of the house and around other kids, so I guess it's beneficial.

The Princess, on the other hand, gets very busy in August. Her performance dance troupe begins training again and cheerleader practice starts up. She has also chosen to participate in a month-long intensive hip-hop dance course this August, something I am sure she will enjoy, but it will put extra pressure on me to get her to all of her practices and rehearsals. She also has plans to spend a week at my parent's house... wonder how she is planning to fit all of that in? And did I mention the middle of August is when she will celebrate her birthday?

So yes, it's not my favorite time of year...

No comments:

Post a Comment