Ack! I hate to admit it, but I love the Pope's "Challenger League Soccer" more that the Princess's regular cheer schedule. Sorry Princess... I'm over it. You're boys (the football players, mind you) are so, well, average. It's little kids playing regular "Midgit Football". Great. And you, Princess... you're a star in my book! THAT will never change. But two dozen of you, screaming the same cheers... It gets old. Sorry, girl. I love you, I respect you... you are always a winner! But these days, Challenger Soccer is where it's at! I'm captivated! Moved to root on the "Big Green!" Moved to shout! Moved to tears! Moved to participate!
Honestly, in comparison, life is going to be much easier for the Princess... She's going to excel in school... She'll get into a good University, whether she's a cheerleader or not... She'll get a good job... meet people, go far. For the Pope, things are not so clear. He's got his work cut out. There is discrimination against people with disabilities, at ALL levels... he'll have to work a lot harder and everything he does. So for now, I hope he just enjoys being a kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment