Be gone, black cloud...
It all started last Tuesday. I had to be out of the house extra early for a meeting at the office. I normally see the Princess and the Pope before I leave, but last Tuesday, I did not. When I came home from work, the Pope was sitting at the kitchen table, eating a snack...everything seemed normal sans one thing, he didn't have his prosthetic eye in! $#^%! So began the search. We looked in his room, in his bed, under furniture... we called the teacher, called the bus company. His teacher was pretty sure he did not have it in when he arrived at school on Tuesday, so the window of when and where he lost it was limited to the house and the bus. We searched the bus... nothing. We looked for days... I looked everywhere, even checking the vacuum bag, in case the vacuum swallowed it, and the Pope's, um... excrements, in case he swallowed it. Equally as fun as it sounds! And of course, we prayed to St. Anthony, who is likely on a first-name basis with me by now. I can imagine him sitting in heaven, rolling his eye saying, "What it is this time, Faye?" By Sunday, they eye was located, neatly place on a folded quilt in the Pope's closet. I have no idea how it got there, or how we missed it initially. I can only thank God and St. Anthony!
But while finding the eye on Sunday was a blessing, the hits kept coming. The drivers side door handle broke free from my car. Not a show stopper, but certainly a major inconvenience now that I have to open the back door and reach as far as I can to open the driver's side door from the inside! We called the dealership. The part should be in, painted and ready to install some time next week. Lucky me.
So yesterday morning, I woke late and needed to take an early conference call from home. I jumped in the shower to discover we had NO hot water! Apparently the valve on our whole house humidifier leaked on to the hot water heater, dripping all night long, and making the entire gas heating mechanism wet. Mike called the gas company. The service agent showed up while I was on the conference call, at the same time as our contractor who was coming out to fix our stockade fence which had been blown down in a recent storm. Oh, and if that wasn't enough activity (while I'm still trying to take my conference call) our landscaper arrived to cut the grass and discuss a fall "clean-up". So much for the conference call.
When it rains, it pours. I have since come down with a nasty cold. My energy level is very low and I have a birthday party to throw for the Princess tomorrow. Sunday the Pope has soccer and I am scheduled to work the concession stand at the Princess's home football game. These are all activities I enjoy... when I'm well, at least.
We are down, but we are certainly not out. I just keep telling myself, "keep going... tomorrow will be better..." What else can you do?
Your day sounds about like my usual days... Sans, looking for prosthetic eyes. :) I am usually looking for pacifiers to chew on, Zacharys vibrating toothbrush (which he has to have for sensory oral input) and of course my sanity, lol, but I am guessing you are all too familiar with the last one.. :) LOVE the blog! I realized today, I haven't ever commented, not sure why.
ReplyDeleteThat is what you were looking for!! My Gosh-what a week!!! FEEL BETTER!
ReplyDelete