The Princess and the Pope

And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
~Matthew 19:26

Monday, January 7, 2013

Confessions

Okay, I'll admit it. I haven't done a good job writing on the blog lately. I took a break over Christmas to ENJOY my kids. Shoot me for being selfish. Lately I feel like I want to rant about stuff, but I don't want to offend people that I consider my friends, I feel like I might. I'm not ready to take that step, so those things that are weighing on my mind are things I'm choosing not to write about on this blog. It's disappointing, because I sometimes think others might really benefit from the information. ((((sigh)))))

It's 2013... a brand new year. We have big things coming up this year... Many things I am looking forward to and some, not so much. But we'll tackle this coming year with as much tenacity as we always do. Things on the radar include:

  • Preschool graduation! The Pope will be graduating from preschool this spring and moving on to Kindergarten in the fall! I CAN NOT believe it! I'm excited, but nervous at the same time. Mike and I have some big decisions to make at his next IEP, which is right around the corner. The biggest decision will be where he will begin his schooling career. Mainstream in our public school? St. Lucy's School for the Blind? Other options? It's still up in the air as we're investigating the BEST fit for the Pope. 
  • Challenger Baseball!  You probably remember that the Pope played his very first season of Challenger Division Soccer this past fall. Well, this Spring will bring Challenger Division Baseball to the list of exciting sports activities for the Pope to try. We just need to find a tiny glove to fit his tiny hand and we're in business. 
  • Dance, dance, dance. The Spring will bring a whole host of dance performances for the Princesses' Dance Troupe as well as her big recital in May. She's going to be a very busy girl. 
  • School Musical. I suspect the Princess will also audition for this year's school musical as she has done since kindergarten. This child was born for the stage. A true thespian.
  • We are also in the planning stages for our trip to the NFB National Convention in Orlando. It will be a combo convention/family vacation; it is, afterall in Orlando, the home of Mickey Mouse during prime vacationing season. Mike and I have been to a few of the NFB National Conventions in past, but this will be the first time traveling with the entire family. We need to plan and plan well. 
It's a lot to do around work and school and daily living. So please excuse the lack of regular blog updates. I will do what I can. You can also follow me on Facebook. Probably a better way to keep up with our clan!

No comments:

Post a Comment