It is no secret... I love, love, love horses. I used to ride as a kid and, if I had a place to keep one (and subsequently the funds) I'd have a pleasure horse of my own. Sadly we live in a place where horse farms or ranches are few and far between and, unless you have your own property, it's very expensive to keep a horse. When I learned about therapeutic horesback riding and "hippotherapy" and the wonders it does for kids like JP, I got really excited! I looked for a place where JP could ride and found they were few and far between. But, I figured I could handle a drive every Saturday morning, so let's just "sign him up!" Not so fast... The places have limited horse, limited slots for therapy, limited staff. Oh, and you want Saturday mornings? Join the waiting list! So we waited. And waited. I finally received a call from Shadow Equestrian. (Actually my first choice) They had an opening coming up in March and we've decided to go for it. We're supposed to go to the ranch this weekend, weather permitting, to have JP assessed. I am over the moon excited for him... I think he'll get a lot out of it!
``-+
7

No comments:
Post a Comment