I don't golf. To be honest, I've never picked up a club outside of the little rubber putters at miniature golf at the beach. And I'm not particularly good at that, even. I can remember my grandfather watching golf on television for HOURS. I know who Tiger Woods is. That's about the extent of my golf knowledge.
This past Spring, JP was invited to a golf clinic held by the
Middle Atlantic Blind Golf Association. We were familiar with the organization (they've been trying to recruit Mike for years... he has no interest in golf) but I didn't know they had a junior division that starts golfer at age 5. We were not able to attend that Spring clinic, but Norm is persistent, and a few weeks ago, he again invited JP to play golf with
The First Tee... and JP LOVED it!
The benefits to MABGA's junior program is that they provide everything JP needs, clubs, greens fees, membership fees, even a golf pro, at no cost to us. We just get him to his lessons and he learns to play blind golf. It's an awesome program!
 |
| Waiting to begin putting clinic |
 |
| Norm helps JP line up his put. |
 |
| I think I'll just tap this in while no one is looking. |
Learning how to play golf at an early age is advisable since golf is one of those sports that isn't physically straining. JP looks too cute when he holds the putt, hehe! Thanks for sharing guys, and I hope you continue to guide him in learning golf.
ReplyDeleteRenee Powell @ Faulk Wood Shores Golf