The Princess and the Pope

And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
~Matthew 19:26

Monday, August 26, 2013

My favorite child

To my favorite child, Camille: I love you the most. You introduced me to the world of motherhood and made us a family. I love how genuinely kind and sweet you are. I love how you consider any alone time with me now a special date, even if we just go to the grocery store. I love how nurturing and compassionate you are to animals and people, alike. I love watching you dance and the pride you take in your own special choreography. I love how you hug like you’re never going to let go. I love how thoughtful you are, always.. I love hearing from our fellow parishioners and neighbors how wonderful you are, even though I already know. I love talking to you on the phone, when I'm at work. I love reading the little notes you leave around the house and hearing you read to your brother. You are my absolute favorite.

To my favorite child, Jon Paul: I love you the most. You will always be my baby, even though you insist that you are a big boy. I love your husky voice and the way your repeat everything you hear even though half the time, you, nor I, have no idea what you’re saying. I love watching you try to keep up with your sister and her friends. I love listening to you sing and make up songs on the piano. I love watching you play and how you can make a game of pretty much anything. I love how much you make people wonder. I love the way you say my name. I love your shiny black hair and way you look in a crisp polo. I love the way you hold my face with two hands when you give me a kiss. I love hearing you crunch on Cheerios in the morning and how everything you ask for is followed by "please". You round out our family, completely. You are my absolute favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment