We're still here. I apologize for the lack of updates. We've been enjoying our summer, finally had the opportunity to make it to the shore. I always say we're going to make it to the Jersey shore more this summer... but we never seem to be able to make it as much as I'd like.
Camille went to her very first, ever, sleep away camp with the Girl Scouts. I wasn't worried because she's spent time away from us, both with my parents and with friends, so she does fine with separation. My concerns were the very rustic accommodations and the severe weather we've been having on the East coast this summer. But, as you can see, she did fine and can't wait to go back next summer.
JP had a few cool O&M trips this summer. One was to Johnson's Farm to pick peaches and blueberries. We were scheduled to pick Jersey sweet corn as well, but the field wasn't ready... kind of a bummer as our family loves summer corn! Oh well... it was a fun day of hayrides and picking and talking about farms and how food is grown.
Another O&M trip was to the fire station. JP LOVED this trip! The fire fighters were super nice and put on a good show for a VERY diverse group of blind children. The trip was open to preschoolers through high schoolers, so it was a balancing act to keep everyone engaged, but I thought they did a terrific job. JP got to try on the turnout gear. He said it smelled "smoky"... And indeed, it did!
We have about 3 more weeks until school starts. This is the last week of the summer recreation program. The summer whizzed by.... I guess they always kind of do.





No comments:
Post a Comment