We went to a very exciting event today... It was called the "Kids Sports Spectacular" and, while the target audience was kids with disabilities, it was open to anyone, age 4-21, interested in sports. I signed up the Pope, and the princess tagged along.... I'm not sure who had a better time, the Pope... or the the Princess... after trying wheelchair basketball, sled hockey and hand cycling, the Princess said "it's fun, but I'm glad I don't
need a wheelchair... Me too Princess, me too!
Here's a few photos from the day... the big shocker for me was how much the Pope enjoyed playing basketball... Maybe a hoop for a 5th birthday? You never know!
 |
| The Princess tried out hand cycling. |
 |
| A katate demo was enjoyed by everyone... |
 |
| The Pope gave tennis a try, although it was obvious he couldn't see the ball. |
 |
| But basketball was another story! Nice dunk Pope! |
 |
| By the end of the day we were exhausted.. but we had a great time! |
No comments:
Post a Comment